Single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNP) may cause a disease or predispose an individual to a disease. High-throughput screening of known SNPs in a large set of samples offers opportunities to study the impact of such variants on for example disease predisposition. At Biogazelle qPCR is applied for high-throughput targeted SNP genotyping in DNA.
"High quality service, very good communication with laboratory staff."
post-doctoral researcher at Victor Babes University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Timisoara, Romania
High-throughput targeted SNP genotyping with qPCR
While SNP genotyping on a genome-scale is currently dominated by microarrays and to a lesser extent massively parallel sequencing, detection of a targeted selection of SNPs is mainly done by qPCR. qPCR using hydrolysis probes is the most commonly used PCR method for genotyping. Biogazelle offers medium and large-scale genotyping studies using TaqMan SNP Genotyping Assays.
Targeted SNP genotyping at Biogazelle
- including sample preparation
- high-throughput targeted SNP genotyping with qPCR using TaqMan SNP Genotyping Assays
- 160,000 off-the-shelf human SNP Genotyping Assays and 10,000 predesigned mouse SNP Genotyping Assays available - find an assay our panel for your study
- including the TaqMan Drug Metabolism Enzyme Genotyping Assays: a comprehensive collection of assays optimized for genotyping SNPs, insertions and deletions, and multi-nucleotide polymorphisms in drug metabolism related genes
- if no assay for your gene of interest is available, we design and validate a custom SNP genotyping assay