Biogazelle is constantly looking for talented people to join the team.
Built on a culture of high quality science with core values of passion, courage, collaboration and open communication, Biogazelle offers a unique work environment. Each day, you will have the opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies & sample types on innovative projects impacting healthcare. You will join a dynamic, flexible and growing company and become part of a motivated and young team. You will be able to work in a stimulating atmosphere where personal input and taking responsibilities is encouraged and opportunities are offered for personal development and growth.
Do you want to contribute in supporting our biotech & pharma customers in their development of diagnostics and therapeutics?
Send your application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you interested in working at Biogazelle? To extend our team, we are currently looking for:
- a motivated lab technician with a critical mindset
- an experienced scientist with proven hands-on skills in the genomic/transcriptomic field
To apply for a position, send your application letter and CV, carefully documenting relevant competences and skills, to email@example.com.
As lab technician your main task is the practical laboratory performance of the projects assigned to you, from sample reception to reporting of the results to the project manager. Various state-of-the-art technologies are used, such as high-throughput qPCR, next generation sequencing and digital PCR.
You will be involved in the set-up of the experimental procedures and you will be responsible for the design of a practical workflow. Proactive and independent thinking and preparation is expected. Therefore, understanding the scientific background and goals of the experiment is necessary. It is important to work according to the internal lab standards (i.e. ISO 17025:2015, GCLP guidelines), to follow standard operating procedures and to respect timelines. A lab technician is also responsible for maintaining the laboratory equipment (performing the allocated maintenance tasks and taking care of the contacts with the relevant supplier in case of needed repairs or the fulfilment of service contracts).
You will ensure proper record keeping during all aspects of your activities and guarantee complete traceability by making adequate and timely registrations.
As a Scientist, you will coordinate internal projects, oversee and plan lab resources, coach lab technicians, support on different levels as subject matter expert by sharing scientific expertise and knowledge and execute hands-on lab work. You should have an open eye for options beyond the project scope that provide interesting new scientific options and business opportunities.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Prepare and coordinate the work of a team of lab technicians during project execution for several projects in parallel. You are responsible for planning and organization, ad hoc problem solving, implementation of solutions and decision making for your assigned projects in the wet lab
- Manage internal projects from A to Z
- Support the dry lab, project management and business development teams by sharing your technical and scientific expertise and knowledge
- Occasionally execute wet lab work to understand the practical insides of (new) techniques
- Coaching of colleagues during internal training sessions or troubleshooting
- Work according to the internal lab standards (ISO 17025, GCLP guideline), follow and apply the internal procedures, with assistance of the quality department
- Ensure proper record-keeping during all aspects of your activities and guarantee complete traceability by making adequate and timely registrations